Preaching Workshop for Lay Ministers (AWAs and Readers)
10am - 3.30pm
The day includes a one hour vocal tuition for groups of 4 participants by vocal tutor Bev Jordan.
Please note: Places are limited to 16 participants only.
The day is primarily for AWAs who have been invited to preach (within their working agreement) and for newer Readers, who are seeking to develop their experience. The day shall consider:
- The liturgical role and theological purpose of the sermon slot
- The role of the preacher
- The role of the congregation
- The place of the bible
More practically, we shall explore how we:
- Prepare, drawing on scripture, Christian Tradition, reason and your own expereince
- Focus on the needs of the church congregation and wider parish community
- Engaging head, heart and spirit