Praying Lent with the Saints
Out of stock: the booklet has sold very well and so unfortunately is now out of stock. There are no plans to reprint this year. You can however order a PDF version of the booklet for £1 through the online shop here. Once you have placed your order you will receive an email with a secure download link.
In Lent 2017, the Diocesan Lent Course is an introduction to prayer in a number of traditions.
The five sessions will include ‘Praying Lent with…’ Each session is written by a different person from within the diocese, drawing on their experience in prayer.
- Praying Lent with Benedict (Revd. Canon Dr Peter Doll)
- Praying Lent the Jesus Prayer (Prof Catherine Rowett)
- Praying Lent with Teresa of Avila (Sr. Elizabeth Ruth Obbard ODC)
- Praying Lent with Ignatius (Revd. Margaret Whitaker)
- Praying Passiontide with Mary (Fr. Andrew Mitcham)
There is some information about the tradition of prayer, but the main part is an opportunity for experiencing prayer and meditation within a different tradition each week, helping us to develop in our prayer.
It is suitable for use in private or for group use in small groups, and is an A5 booklet with 40 pages.
The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad, the desert shall rejoice and blossom’ Isaiah 35:1