Diocesan School Support Officers Leaflet
This small leaflet for church school Heads, staff and governors introduces the Diocesan School Support Officers (DSSOs) who practically support church schools in the Diocese through:
- pastoral care, support and affirmation for the Heads and staff
- regular visits (half-a-day average, twice a year)
- create opportunities for church schools to share their ethos, successes, achievements and pride
- offer a listening ear for reassurance, support or the sharing of professional or personal concerns, within a ‘safe’ forum, in person, electronically or by phone
- provide on-the-spot high-quality professional advice about a range of school matters, not just church school distinctiveness
- and much more...